LinkedIn has long been the go-to platform for professionals looking to network, connect, and advance their careers. However, it's not the only player in town. Several new platforms are revolutionizing the landscape of career networking, offering unique features and innovative approaches. Here are three that you should be aware of.
Shapr is a networking app that takes a 'swipe-right' approach to professional connections. It uses an algorithm to suggest 15 people every day who align with your interests and goals.
- Personalized suggestions based on your profile and preferences.
- In-app messaging to start conversations.
- Options for both local and global networking.
The interactive and user-friendly interface makes Shapr a standout player in the networking space.
Jobcase is more than just a job search site. It's a community-based platform where you can get advice and support from other job seekers and working professionals.
- Community discussions and advice on job search.
- Job listings from multiple sources.
- Profile page where you can showcase your work history and skills.
Jobcase's focus on community support sets it apart from other job search apps.
Meetup takes a different approach to professional networking by focusing on in-person gatherings. You can join groups related to your industry or interests and attend events to make connections.
- Wide variety of groups and events to choose from.
- Option to create your own groups and events.
- In-person networking opportunities.
While not solely a career networking site, Meetup's emphasis on in-person connection adds a unique dimension to the networking process.
USP: Unique Selling Proposition
All three platforms have their unique strengths and can be used in tandem with LinkedIn or as alternatives. These platforms are pushing the boundaries of what career networking can look like and are excellent tools for anyone looking to boost their career or find new opportunities in today’s digital age.